What is Camp Liberté?
Where are the camps located?
Camp East location
The camp is hosted by Camp Papillon. It is a beautiful area located on a 40-acre site on the shores of Lake St. Pierre, in the Lanaudière region of Quebec, about 120 km north of Montreal.
Camp West location
The camp is hosted by Camp Horizon. It is a pristine area located in beautiful Kananaskis Country. Minutes away from attraction like Elbow Falls, Moose Mountain, and Forgetmenot Pond.
Camp Marcoux location
The camp is hosted by Camp Maple Leaf. Located on a 104 acre private island on Pigeon Lake, in the beautiful Kawartha Lakes, Ontario, Canada.
Can anyone else volunteer?
Camp East: Camp Papillon, Lanaudière, Quebec
Our team has one volunteer dermatologist, two volunteer dermatology residents, and two nurses.
Being bilingual is not required, but very helpful. Although a few campers may be exclusively Francophone or Anglophone, most are bilingual, and many of the counsellors are bilingual.
Camp West: Camp Horizon, Bragg Creek, Alberta
Our team has one volunteer dermatologist, two volunteer dermatology residents, and one nurse.
Camp Marcoux: Camp Maple Leaf, Ennismore, ON
Our team has one volunteer dermatologist and two volunteer dermatology residents.
What is my role as a volunteer?
At Camp, your responsibilities will include:
- Working as part of a medical team.
- Assisting the nurses with daily skin assessments and treatment applications during the day and at night.
- Being a connection between the medical team, camp counsellors and campers. You will serve a vital role in facilitating ongoing relationships with the children, as you will be accompanying the campers on most (if not all) outdoor activities. Camp counsellors are responsible for organizing and running camp activities. As a resident volunteer, you will be available to provide an extra hand or medical advice during the activities and to make sure nobody gets a sunburn. This is a great learning opportunity for the campers to become proactive in their skin health.
- Helping to organize a learning activity for the campers during the week, such as a presentation or game.
- Accompanying campers to and from the camp, if necessary.
What are the associated costs and what do I need to bring with me
For Camp East: Camp Papillon in Lanaudière, Quebec, all travel expenses, accommodations, meals and snacks are covered, and there is no charge to you. Please inform the Program Coordinator at email@example.com of any dietary restrictions. You are free to bring nut-free snacks.
Camp Papillion provides some towels and linens, but you may prefer to bring your sheets, pillows and towels. Other helpful items include a hat, sunscreen, swimsuit, running shoes, water bottle, insect repellant, and sunglasses. Also, a celebration takes place on the last night; casual dress up is optional.
For Camp West: Camp Horizon in Bragg Creek, Alberta, all travel expenses, accommodations, meals, and snacks are provided, and there is no charge to you. Please inform the Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org of any dietary restrictions.
At the Easter Seals Camp Horizon facility, you will need to bring your bed sheets or sleeping bag, pillow, and towels. Other suggestions include a hat, sunscreen, swimsuit, running shoes, water bottle, insect repellant and sunglasses.